Microwave technology has revolutionized multiple industries by providing new capability and improved processing efficiency. Drug discovery, materials chemistry, medicinal chemistry, polymer chemistry, nanoscience, analytical chemistry, peptide synthesis, catalysis and organic synthesis have all benefited from the safety, speed, reliability and efficiency of microwave technology. Automating high temperature microwave-assisted reactions has transformed laboratories into molecule-making factories, benefited from the safety, speed, reliability and efficiency.
The LabFact team makes widespread use of microwave technology, with expertise in organic synthesis, peptide chemistry, catalysis, drug discovery, materials and polymer chemistry.
- Late Stage C-H Activation of a Privileged Scaffold. Synthesis of a Library of Benzodiazepines, Khan, R. Felix, P. D. Kemmitt, S. J. Coles, I. J. Day, G. J. Tizzard, J. Spencer, Adv. Synth. Catal. 2016, 358, 98-109.
- Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of 3-Aminobenzo[b]thiophene Scaffolds for the Preparation of Kinase Inhibitors, M. C. Bagley, J. E. Dwyer, M. D. B. Molina, A. Rand, H. L. Rand, N. C. O. Tomkinson, Biomol. Chem. 2015, 13, 6814-6824.
- Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of MK2 Inhibitors for Targeting P38 MAPK Signal Transduction in Werner Syndrome Cells, M. C. Bagley, M. Baashen, J. Dwyer, P. Milbeo, D. Kipling, T. Davis, In Microwaves in Drug Discovery: Recent Advances, J. Spencer, M. Bagley, Eds. Future Science Ltd: 2014, 86-10.
- Microwave-Mediated Synthesis of N-Methyliminodiacetic Acid (MIDA) Boronates. A. J. Close, P. Kemmitt, K. Emmerson, J. Spencer, Tetrahedron 2014, 70, 9125-9131.
- Microwave-Assisted Synthesis of 6-Amino-β-Cyclodextrins. A. Puglisi, J. Spencer, Clarke, J. Milton, J. Incl. Phenom. Macrocycl. Chem. 2012, 73, 475-478.
- Thermally Induced Cyclobutenone Rearrangements and Domino Reactions D. C. Harrowven, D. D. Pascoe, I. L. Guy, Angew. Chem. Int. Ed. 2007, 46, 425-428.
- Approaches to the Synthesis of Highly Substituted Aromatic and Fused Rings: Metal-Catalysed versus Thermal Cyclisation, P. J. Parsons, L. A. T. Allen, D. R. Jones, A. C. Padgham, J. A Pryke, J. Mckenna, D. O’Reilly, Synthesis, 2018, 50, 84-101.
- An Approach to the Core of Lactonamycin, P. J. Parsons, D. R. Jones, L. A. T. Allen, A. Onwubiko, L. Preece, J. Board, A. J. White, Org. Lett., 2017, 19, 2533-2535.